A Culinary Adventure in Paris
Presented by BoatShed Cheese
17th – 23rd September 2018 (7 days / 6 nights)
Day One – Monday 17th September ARRIVAL
- Arrive and check into your fantastic Paris apartment hotel in the 17th Arrondisement.
- Welcome dinner tonight at La Jacobine – home of Paris’s best French Onion Soup!
Day Two – Tuesday 18th September WALKING TOUR, FRENCH MARKET AND COOKING
- Breakfast at hotel.
- AM: Join me for a gourmet walk along one of Paris’ famous food streets – Rue Mouffetard. This gorgeous cobblestone street is famous for its quality sellers of cheese, seafood, bread, charcuterie and so much more and the atmosphere is fantastic! We will collect supplies along the way and enjoy our lunch, picnic style at the end of our walk.
- Enjoy some free time this afternoon before our fantastic evening Market Cooking Class. This extensive class will include a visit to the market to choose our produce and then cook a 4 course meal, culminating in a delicious dinner with perfectly matched wines and French cheese selection. Recipes and an apron are included.
Day Three – Wednesday 19th September COOKWARE, INGREDIENTS AND MORE
- Today we head to Paris’ best region for cookware, gadgets and all things gourmet! Dehillerin has been trading continuously since 1820, providing Paris cooks with copper pots, knives and other essentials. These days, A. Simon, Mora and others have joined to provide a mecca for cooks who are looking for that perfect kitchen item. You will have plenty of time to wander in and out of the shops and then we will meet for lunch at L’Epicerie… an elegant Parisian lunch spot specializing in foie gras.
- Enjoy a free afternoon to wander the streets, the market or return to the hotel for a well-earned rest.
- This evening, join me at Paris’ favourite steak restaurant. “Relais de Venise” has no menu and only serves Steak, French Fries and Salad plus a selection of delicious desserts… but you won’t be disappointed. The queues out the door attest to the popularity of this Paris institution!
Day Four – Thursday 20th September SOUTH PIGALLE AND CHOUX PASTRY
- This morning we head to the exciting South Pigalle (SoPi), one of the most exciting food areas of Paris. The eclectic array of bakeries, patisseries, as well as experts in the fields of chocolate and cheese, make this a food lover’s dream destination!
- Lunch will be at a nearby, typically Parisian bistro.
- This afternoon, we discover the secrets of Choux pastry. Most cooks believe choux pastry is difficult and unpredictable but this class will teach you all the skills to make the pastry, the custard and icing so that you can produce incredible Eclairs, Paris Brest and choux buns at home. Take your box of pastries away with you to enjoy back at the hotel.
- For our last night in Paris, we have something special in store… a leisurely walk along the Seine, a visit to Notre Dame if you wish and then dinner at the wonderful La Bouquinistes… an elegant, modern French restaurant, owned by Michelin Starred chef, Guy Savoy!
Day Five – Friday 21st September STUNNING VERSAILLES
- AM: Depart Paris by private vehicle for Versailles, the royal Chateau of King Louis XV. Check into your hotel and take a little time to get settled.
- Versailles is a truly spectacular property and its magnificent gardens are a sight to behold. Enjoy private entry and avoid the (literally) thousands waiting to enter, then take your time to wander the corridors and immerse yourself in French history with an English audio guide to assist you.
- Visit the famed Hall of Mirrors, the Royal Suites, the gardens, Grand Trianon, Petit Trianon, the perfectly manicured gardens and so much more! Make sure you spend the afternoon inside as much as possible as tomorrow, you will have an opportunity to explore outside.
- Dinner tonight in a much loved local bistro – Le 17.37, located in delightful square in the old town, where the chef still sources his vegetables from the Kings Garden.
Day Six – Saturday 22nd September MARKET, BIKE RIDE, VERSAILLES GARDENS
- One of the highlights of the week, today we take a private bike tour of Versailles. Start the day with a visit to the fabulous local market to purchase supplies for your picnic lunch, and don’t miss the Salted Butter Caramel Crepe hand made to order. Even if you aren’t hungry, it’s worth the calories!
- After the market, we collect our gorgeous blue bikes and begin an incredible day of fun, fresh air, exercise and history. Our guide will share intimate moments of court life as we learn about the life of Louis XV, Marie Antoinette and life before the French Revolution.
- We will stop for a picnic in the gardens of Versailles. Return the bikes and then join me for a tour of the Kings Garden – Dating back to the 17th century, the Potager du Roi (Kings Garden) was the king’s pride and joy – A garden specifically created to provide an abundance of fruit and vegetables for the King’s table.
- For our last night in Versailles, a wonderful dinner at ‘La Table du 11’ awaits… modern French food and service will make this a dinner to remember.
Day Seven – Sunday 23rd September DEPARTURE
- Morning group departure to Provence via the TGV for those joining me in St. Remy de Provence or your own travel arrangements.
Rate per person sharing twin room: € 2350
Single supplement: € 600
TO BOOK PLEASE CONTACT:
Tamara at BoatShed Cheese
Rate per person includes:
- Six nights accommodations in Paris and Versailles
- Meals: daily breakfast, lunches and dinners as per itinerary, wine included,
- Excursions as per itinerary,
- Entrance to all excursions,
- Transportation for all excursions,
- Group transfer from Paris to Versailles
- Group transfer to St. Remy de Provence for those taking second week.
My first trip overseas without children or husband and what an absolutely wonderful and unforgettable experience it was, due in no small part to Tamara of Boatshed Cheese. Her expertise, patience, guidance, and recommendations, and the little extra touches she planned for us every step of the way, combined to make this one of the most enjoyable travel experiences of my life. I would heartily recommend Tamara of Boatshed Cheese to anyone contemplating a gourmet tour. I have already booked my next trip!! Sarah, Melbourne.
…the perfect trip away for anyone interested in food and cooking and Tamara was always there to coordinate everything for us. I have learnt so much, and made new friends along the way. Tamara, thankyou for the food adventure of a lifetime!
Sue English-Donkers, Melbourne
…the most fantastic culinary adventure I have experienced! I cannot express strongly enough, how much I recommend Tamara and the expert team she has put together to plan our Culinary Journey through the finest regions of France. This trip was a dream come true and I look forward to the next! Laura, USA
We reserve the right to substitute some activities on the itinerary in circumstances (such as weather) which are beyond our control